The activities of the Bar are managed and monitored by the Council of the Bar.
Missions of the Governing Council of the Bar
- To review and decide on all matters in connection with the practice of the profession of Advocate and advise, on its own initiative or upon request, on any matter in connection with the Bar Association;
- To make decisions regarding the enrollment to the roll of the Bar Association;
- To set up regulations meant for the promotion of the Advocates’ profession;
- To implement the decisions in relation to the disciplinary measures provided by these Rules and Regulations;
- To recruit the staff of the Bar Association;
- To adopt the strategic plan and the operational plan of the Bar;
- To determine the seal and logo of the Bar;
- To take any decision not reserved by the law or these Rules and Regulation to other organs.
The Council of the Bar Is composed of thirteen (13) members:
- The President of the Bar who Is the Chairperson;
Eleven (11) Advocates on the roll elected by their peers enrolled on the roll of Advocates;
One (1) member from the State Attorneys and who is elected by his/her peers.
The Following is the List of current Governing Council members